|George Lopez episode|
When Ernie is promoted to team leader, which George, in aiming to keep Ernie from being fired, it's more than he can handle as George winds up doing his job as well as his own in "Team Leader" in Season 2 (ep. #22).
|Season 2, Episode # 22 |
Number (#26) in series (120 episodes)
|Guest stars:||Jack Blessing|
|Original airdate||April 30, 2003|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"I Only Have Eyes For You"||"George Has Two Mommies"|
Team Leader was the 22nd episode of Season Two of George Lopez, also the 26th overall series episode. Written by Spiro Skentzos, the episode, which was directed by Joe Regalbuto, premiered on ABC-TV on April 30, 2003.
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
George embellishes on Ernie's work record to keep him from getting fired, and instead Ernie is elected the new team leader. Ernie's confident he can get the job done but George is stuck doing both their work.
George has to fill out employee evaluations, but doesn't know what to put for Ernie. He puts all 9's when his mom tells him it is because they are trying to figure out who to lay off. It turns out they were making the top 4 team leaders, which includes Ernie. George wants to take the job because he knows Ernie can't handle it, but doesn't know if he can do it, but Ernie tells him how much he really wants the job, ends up finishing early, to take his team out to go to the zoo. Meanwhile, Angie learns how to sell make-up products.
- George Lopez as George Lopez (character)
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez
- Masiela Lusha as Carmen Lopez
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernie Cardenas
- Hilary Duff as Stephanie
- Jack Blessing as Jack Powers
- Mark Tymchyshyn as Mel Powers
- Mary Kowalski as Kris
- Mel Rodriguez as Frank
- Susan Slome as Stacey
- Ernie: [doing cartwheels] I'm team leader! I'm team leader!
- Ernie (trying to inspire his team): Who makes the best airplane parts in the country?
- Frank: Boeing.
- Ernie: But who makes their cheap knock-offs?
- Frank: (excitedly) We do!
- George [to Stephanie]: I'm married. I don't give a crap how I look.
- Ernie: If I pull this off, you have to be my cheerleader and dance in a time and place of my choosing.
- George: What if you don't pull it off?
- Ernie: I'll... run around the factory three times naked!
- George: Well, who wins there, Ernie?
- George [to Benny]: I should've known better than to listen to someone who said the tooth fairy and Santa Claus killed each other, so don't expect anything for Christmas.