|George Lopez episode|
|“Secrets and Lies”|
Benny, in trying to get workers' compensation at the compnay's expense, fakes an injury at work in "Secrets and Lies" in Season 2 (ep.#19)
|Season 2, Episode # 19 |
Number (#23) in series (120 episodes)
|Guest stars:||Jack Blessing|
|Original airdate||March 26, 2003|
|IMDB||Secrets and Lies|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Profiles in Courage"||"Girls Night Out"|
Secrets and Lies was the 19th episode of Season Two of George Lopez, also the 23rd episode in the series overall. Written by David Grubstick, the episode, which was directed by Joe Regalbuto, originally aired on ABC-TV on March 26, 2003.
|"Secrets and Lies"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
When Benny learns that George's father, who left her years ago to care for George alone, is now wealthy, she decides that she deserves to get rich herself. After getting drunk on her lunch hour, she falls down on work premises, pretends to be hurt and plans to get a huge workman's compensation. When she finds out she will get a mere $375, she plans to sue for one million dollars.
- George Lopez as George Lopez
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez
- Masiela Lusha as Carmen Lopez
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernie Cardenas
- Benny: It says here that I can get $30,000 if I cut off my thumb. $30,000!
- George: Hey, see what happens if you cut off your tongue, that way we all win!
- Max [while on the phone with Manny]: Sure, I'll call you Grandpa...as soon I see those gifts!
- Benny [to Carmen and Max]: When you leave your grandma, you die.
- [After Benny gets a message from Manny at work]
- Gina: Hey, your baby's daddy finally got that carton of cigarettes and he's on his way back.
- Benny: Screw you and the homeless people sleeping under your breasts!!
- Benny [to George]: You don't tell me what to do. I wiped your butt!!
- Benny: George, I fell and everybody saw me.
- George [to Benny]: Yeah, but you were drunk. It was just like Aunt Rita's wedding all over again, except this time you had underwear on!
- George [to Angie after she took Benny to the "fake doctor"]: Okay, what did the doctor say?
- Angie: Whatever your mom wants him to say. She has soft tissue damage in the lumbar region, and if we want, I have chronic fatigue syndrome, you have post-traumatic stress disorder, Max has postpartum depression, and Carmen has hysterical mood swings. Although, he may have gotten that one right by accident.