|Network/Air Dates||ABC-TV. January 24, 2007 - May 8, 2007|
|Next||none - End of Series|
The sixth and final season of George Lopez aired from January 24, 2007 to May 8, 2007, and consisted of 18 episodes. The season was never completed, due to being pulled from airing. 3 episodes were revealed to have been recorded, but never aired. Many scripts from those episodes, including partially-written ones that were never filmed, were used in "Saint George," the George Lopez reboot that aired in 2014.
- George Lopez as George Lopez
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez
- Aimee Garcia as Veronica Palmero
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernesto Cardenas
- Emiliano Diez as Victor "Vic" Palmero
Season 6 (2007)
|Image||No. in series||No. in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod. code|
|103||1||"George's Mom Faces Hard Tambien"||Joe Regalbuto||Dave Caplan||January 24, 2007||501|
|Just as Carmen prepares to go off to her college in Vermont and George and Angie begin looking forward to being empty nesters, Angie discovers that the Lopez family could be growing due to Angie's pregnancy. Meanwhile, there is much going on in the Lopez house. George's job is in jeopardy, Benny faces jail time for a crime from 30 years ago, Max has a hangover and Vic contemplates engagement to a 27-year-old. Angie finds out she isn't really pregnant, but keeps it from George.|
|104||2||"George's House Has Two Empty Wombs"||Joe Regalbuto||Paul A. Kaplan & Mark Torgrove||January 31, 2007||502|
|Angie maintains her story that she is pregnant to keep George from missing Carmen, even though she finds out the test was wrong. Vic introduces George and Angie to his 27-year-old fiance Lindsay Cafferty (Stacy Keibler), who loves Vic only for his money, and uses him to get expensive items.|
|105||3||"George Nieces a New Media Room"||Joe Regalbuto||Jim Hope||February 7, 2007||503|
|George has just finished remodeling Carmen's room into a new entertainment room, watching Clint Eastwood movies with surround sound, but Veronica returns, announcing her trust fund has been frozen by a relative, threatening her with bankruptcy. Angie forces George to allow Veronica to stay in the new room, and Veronica brings her new boyfriend, her college professor who has a trust issue with his wife. The professor dumps his wife, and annoys George so much that during a birthday bash for Benny, George calls her a prostitute. After she dumps him, he begins to stalk her, which ends with George punching him in the face, getting the professor arrested and George's TV being destroyed. After that, the cops told Veronica she can put a restraining order against the teacher, but George forces her to give up her diamond bracelet because of the TV being destroyed.|
|106||4||"George Testi-Lies for Benny"||Bob Koherr||Rick Nyholm||February 14, 2007||504|
|When Luisa Diaz, Benny's estranged mother (Rita Moreno), turns on her daughter during trial, Benny must rely on George's testimony, which helps her by getting her out of jail and she has to do several hundred hours of community service.|
|107||5||"Sabes Gay, It's George's Fantasy Episode"||George Lopez||George Lopez||February 21, 2007||505|
|Following being humiliated at work, George drinks some tequila (with the worm), and hallucinates that he and Ernie are gay sweethearts who are soon to be united as life partners. Ernie gives up on meeting a woman he can spend his life with, deciding one-night-stands are better. Though the female bartender tries seducing him into having one with her, Ernie is oblivious and leaves.|
|108||6||"George Thinks Vic's Fiancée is Lion about Being a Cheetah"||Bob Koherr||Luisa Leschin||February 28, 2007||506|
|After George accidentally encourages Vic into tearing up the pre-nuptial agreement, he believes that Vic's fiancée is a gold digger and a cheater, and enlists the TV show Cheaters to help find out. After everything, George discovers Lindsay is cheating on Vic and he plans to get back with his ex-wife.|
|109||7||"George Helps Angie's Wha-Positive Self-Image By Saying You 'Sta Loca Good"||Bob Koherr||John R. Morey||March 7, 2007||507|
|When Angie gets concerned about losing her sexy looks while trying to get free satellite from the installer, George asks his niece, Veronica, to tone her sexuality down who was successful with the cable man. Angie continues to compare herself to Veronica, who is 10-20 years younger. George and Angie get invited to a party, but Angie dresses nearly nude in a nurse outfit in a desperate attempt to be sexy. George convinces her that there's a middle ground with how she takes care of herself, deciding they got "ten more years of hot, 20 years of not bad, and 5 years of 'did that smell come from me or you?"|
|110||8||"George's Grave Mistake Sends Him to a Funeral, Holmes"||Sheldon Epps||Michael Loftus||March 14, 2007||508|
|George's poor memory comes back to haunt him when Angie's mother passes away, and George cannot get another grave so Angie can be with her mom for eternity.|
|111||9||"George Joins the Neighborhood Wha-tcha and Raises the Vigil-ante"||Sheldon Epps||Laura House||March 21, 2007||509|
|An ex-sexual predator (Kristin Bauer van Straten) moves into the neighborhood so George warns Max not to go to her house. Nevertheless, one of George's neighbors (Tommy Chong) alerts George that Max has gone over there, but before anything happens George and Angie come to the molester's find a shirtless Max with a condom; after a talk they realize it was Max's idea to come to the house to have sex with the beautiful sex offender. George and Angie decide it is time to have "the talk" with Max. Though George gives a good speech, Angie arrives at the end with the jokes, thinking he was giving bad advice.|
|112||10||"George is Maid To Be Ruth-less"||Victor Gonzalez||Paul A. Kaplan & Mark Torgrove||April 4, 2007||510|
|George and Angie hire a maid (Barbara Eden) who quickly cooks and cleans her way into George's heart but never cleans the house and a jealous Benny decides to steal money from Max and blame the maid and get her fired. George knowing Benny stole the money asks her why but showing her love for George gives him a hug and the maid quits.|
|113||11||"George is Lie-able for Benny's Unhappiness"||Joe Regalbuto||Jim Hope||April 4, 2007||511|
|When the love of Benny's life, Wayne (Jerry Springer), returns to town, George builds a web of lies to keep them from reuniting, which includes death.|
|114||12||"George Uses His Vato Power to Save Dinero Que La"||Victor Gonzalez||Dave Caplan||April 11, 2007||512|
|After some out-of-control spending by George and Angie, they agree to decide who gets to spend money on $100+. After George's poker game is interrupted by Veronica, who is sent by Angie for revenge for getting a veto, they agree on a bet to be the most frugal. George ends up tricking Angie into eating expired cat food while realizing they can't keep the contest up as it is destroying their marriage.|
|115||13||"George Rocks to the Max and Gets Diss-Band-ed"||Andy García||John R. Morey||April 11, 2007||513|
|George tries to relive his high school days by teaching Max to play the guitar. But when Max moves on without his dad and joins a rock band, George wishes he could take it all back. When it turns out the band only needed a place to play, George cheers Max up by jamming with him. They lock Angie out of the garage; she wanted to play with a tamberine.|
|116||14||"George Gets Smoking Mad at Benny and Develops an Órale Fixation"||Sheldon Epps||Paul A. Kaplan & Mark Torgrove||April 24, 2007||514|
|When Powers Aviation institutes a smoking ban as part of a new health plan, Benny's nicotine withdrawals drive George to being forced away from her, because he makes Benny smoke. In the end, Benny quits working at the factory because George was going crazy, and eating tons of unhealthy food to keep his negative comments to himself, knowing he's the reason she smokes.|
|117||15||"George Can't Let Sleeping Mexicans Lie"||Sheldon Epps||Luisa Leschin||April 24, 2007||515|
| The Lopez family strikes out against a new neighbor who's decorated his front lawn with an offensive art display (e.g. a statue of a sleeping Mexican). Benny breaks it, earning praise from George. However, the new neighbor puts up two idenitcal statues and one of a donkey. Max copies Benny's actions, nearly getting arrested. George scolds him and Angie gets a petition to remove the statues.
Note: This episode features a running gag where George keeps saying the neighbor's garden gnome looks like Benny; "Put my mom in a pointy hat and let her beard grow, they could be twins".
|118||16||"George's Bogey-ous Relationship with Vic Is Putt to the Test"||Joe Regalbuto||Rick Nyholm||May 1, 2007||516|
|Vic feigns fatherly love so George will play in a father-son golf tournament against his longtime rival and his son, (played by Oscar De La Hoya). But George gets angry after discovering Vic's true intentions and throws the game.|
|119||17||"George Thinks Max's Future Is on the Line"||Joe Regalbuto||Dave Caplan||May 8, 2007||517|
|George puts Max to work at the factory to emphasize the importance of education and to pay for a new computer, but Max soon wants to stay at the factory forever. Powers Aviation's workers are worried when a rumor spreads that the new owner of the factory is moving it to Mexico and everyone loses their jobs.|
|120||18||"George Decides to Sta-Local Where It's Familia"||Joe Regalbuto||Bruce Helford||May 8, 2007||518|
|A multimillionaire Enrique Vega (Edward James Olmos) buys Powers Aviation and asks George to stay on board if he is willing to move to Phoenix, AZ. George almost agrees, but then joins a factory boycott when everyone comes and tells him how much they will miss him. The owner agrees to keep the original workers and George ends up running the factory on his own, due to the departure of Jack and Mel. The millionaire then discovers he would be able to get some tax credits by keeping the factory with the original workers.|
Unaired George Lopez episodes
- "George Is Fired"
- "George Can't Let Max Go"
- "George Gets A Job"
- The season never completed its 21 episode run. 3 Episodes were never aired, even though they were recorded. The 3 episodes would of been a 3 part season finale that tied into "George Decides to Sta-Local Where It's Familia", but never aired. They have never aired even in reruns, however, in a blog post by George Lopez, he revealed that the three episodes were intended to start Season 7 differently. In "George Is Fired" he is unexpectedly fired by the new owners of Powers Brothers, in "George Can't Let Max Go" Max wants to move to Europe for a student exchange program, and in "George Gets A Job" George starts working at an energy drink company. According to George Lopez, these episodes may be released on a DVD Compilation once Season 6 is released on DVD, but cannot promise anything.
- "George Gets A Job" was then used later in 2013 for inspiration for the reboot show, "Saint George" where george is an energy drink entrepreneur.
- "George Can't Let Max Go" was intended to write out the character of Max, as the actor wanted to focus more on High School than have a commitment acting.
- "George Is Fired" was intended to start a 4 episode arc leading into Season 7. With the conclusion as the season premier for 7.
- Season 7 was already partially written, with 13 episodes having been written before word came of the series cancellation. Many of the scripts from previous seasons and season 7 were then used by Lopez for the Saint George TV series, which was originally intended to be a reboot of George Lopez. Some of these included:
- In the Saint George episode "Superstition" the idea was recycled from Ernie, who George tried to get to have a prostate exam in the planned Season 7.
- George teaches Harper to box, while in George Lopez, taught Max to box, much to the dislike of both of their mothers.
- "Schools Out" features a similar plot to where Carmen went into private school.
- "Rich Girl" features a very similar plot to a planned Season 7 episode. In "Rich Girl" george starts dating a controlling rich girl, and his friends try to convince him to dump her. In the planned George Lopez episode, Veronica starts to date a rich guy, while George and Angie try hard to get her to break up with him because he is controlling, rich and abusive.
- "Carry On The Wayward Son" was recycled from a Season 7 script where Benny slips on water in the kitchen and George must take care of her. In Saint George, Alma slips on the kitchen floor and George is required to watch after her.
- "Having My Baby" is similar to a planned Season 7 episode where George begins to question Angie about the possibility that Carmen isn't really his kid, due to a revealed affair. This episode was planned to have Carmen guest star. In Saint George, the episode was similar, where George questions his wife that Harper might not be his son.
|Seasons: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6|