|George Lopez episode|
When George Lopez becomes the first guy to be promoted from the assembly line to plant manager at Powers Bros., his life becomes a little more complicated in "Prototype", the series pilot.
|Season 1, Episode # 1 |
Number (#1) in series (120 episodes)
|Guest stars:||Jack Blessing|
|Writer(s):||Bruce Helford, George Lopez & Robert Borden|
|Original airdate||March 27, 2002|
|← Previous||Next →|
|None - Series pilot||"Curious George"|
"Prototype" is the pilot episode of the ABC-TV series George Lopez and is the first episode of Season One. Co-written by series co-creators Bruce Helford, George Lopez, and Robert Borden, the episode, which was directed by Barnet Kellman, originally aired on March 27, 2002.
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
When George Lopez becomes the first guy to be promoted from the assembly line to plant manager at Powers Bros., his life becomes a little more complicated. Ernie and other friends on the plant floor tease him about joining management. George's first test in the new position is to terminate one employee. He must choose either Benny, or Ernie. Angie, copes with Benny's constant wisecracks and cares for Max and Carmen, who is dealing with the traumas of being a teenager. Carmen has what George calls "jungle pits" and hairy legs.
- In this episode, George says he spent 16 years on the line, but in later episodes, it's 15.
- George Lopez as George Lopez, a former line worker at Powers Aviation who was just promoted to Plant Manager
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez, George's wife
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez, George's mother and co-worker at Powers Aviation
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernesto "Ernie" Cardenas, George's best friend and co-worker at Powers Aviation
- Masiela Lusha as Carmen Lopez, George and Angie's teenage daughter
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez, George and Angie's 10-year old son