|George Lopez episode|
|“Dubya, Dad, and Dating”|
George gets to shake hands with President Bush when he speaks at Powers Aviation in part 1 of "Dubya, Dad and Dating" at the start of Season 3.
| Season 3, Episode # 1 |
Number (#29) in series (120 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Jimme Walker|
Patrick St. Esprit
Teddy Lane, Jr.
|Original airdate||September 26, 2003|
|IMDB||Dubya, Dad, and Dating|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Long Time No See" (Sesaon 2 finale)||"Dubya, Dad and Dating (Part 2)"|
Dubya, Dad, and Dating (Part 1) was the first part of a two-episode story arc which served as the Season 3 opening of George Lopez; the episode, which was also the 29th overall series episode. Written by Rick Nyholm, the episode, directed by John Pasquin originally aired on ABC-TV on September 26, 2003
George unknowingly commits a felony while awaiting President Bush's arrival at the factory, resulting in the Secret Service paying a visit to his home.
George prepares the crew for a visit from the President of the United States. But he becomes so wrapped up in the thrill of the day's events and the horror of Carmen's unexpected political outbursts, he commits a crime without being aware of it. When the police knock on his door, he's arrested for something entirely unexpected and is forced to meet his estranged father face-to-face. In the meantime, Benny drops a bomb on George about the new man in her life.
- George Lopez as George Lopez
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez
- Masiela Lusha as Carmen Lopez
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernie Cardenas
- Nick Offerman as Randy McGee
- Jack Blessing as Jack Powers
- Patrick St. Esprit as Special Agent Saunders
- Marlene Forte as Sylvia
- Brent Mendenhal as President George W. Bush
- Jimmie Walker as Lionel
- Teddy Lane Jr. as The Cop
- This is based on a true story, George Lopez really did steal the president's speech when he was asked to perform at the White House.
- This is the first appearance on Randy.
- [After George steals the president's speech]
- Angie: So no one else knows you stole it?
- George: Nope. Just you guys and Ernie. (realizes and groans)
- Angie: And every woman Ernie's told. (imitating Ernie) "Hey, my best friend stole the president's speech. Would you go out with me? Heh Heh Heh. Oh, ok, sorry to bother you." [imitates Ernie's laugh]